Hello Majura Football Family
Welcome to season 2021 and I hope you are well. There has been a lot of activity at the club and my message to you is long overdue.
Trials for our junior teams, U10-U16 took place in February, and we had a great turn out. Thanks to all coaches and other volunteers who helped with the organisation and grading, job well done. And thanks to the players who came out and played hard. Good luck over the season, I look forward to watching you play.
Our NPLY teams are training hard preparing for the season kick off on 27 March. The teams are training 3 times a week and have played several trial games. We are pleased with the development and improvement in the teams. Keep up the hard work and effort.
Congratulations to Coaches Alfred Hess and Chris Knowles and our Men’s State League 1 team as they played against Wagga City Wanderers in our club’s first ever FFA Cup match. Our boys put in a valiant effort in a 2-1 loss. This is just the beginning of the next phase for our mens and womens teams as we look to enter further NPL competitions and provide a competitive pathway for all players.
We will be saying farewell to a committee member as our current Club Secretary, John Breusch is stepping down after 3 years of service. I want to thank John for his contributions and I have enjoyed the opportunity to serve on the committee with him.
If you are thinking about volunteering with a great organisation, then please come along to our AGM on Sunday 28 March at the Majura Clubhouse, and put your hand up. With John’s departure we need a new Secretary. We are also looking for people who have an interest or experience in events planning/media and/or sourcing funds and sponsorship.
Just a note that all ACT sportsgrounds are closed from 18 March to 31 March for maintenance. Please do not train on the fields during that time. Finally, COVID-19 is still around and the club needs to comply with COVID safe practices. Please continue to practice safe distancing and good hand hygiene while at the club.
See you around the grounds,
President, Majura FC
Registration and Team Allocations
- U5/6 Miniroos (Pee Wees): Registrations are still open. We will send out information to our Pee Wees by the end if March so you’ll know what’s happening for the season ahead.
- U7 – U9 Miniroos: Registrations are still open but team allocations have started so if you haven’t registered then do so ASAP or you may miss out on a team. Players will be notified about their team by the end of March.
- U10 – U11 Miniroos: Registrations are closed and teams have been allocated. All registered players should have received notification of their teams. There are limited spots left in these age groups in both open and girls teams. Please contact the Majura Registrar if you would like a late registration.
- U12 – U18 Junior League: Registrations have closed in all age groups except U16 Girls and U18 Open. Teams have been allocated and all registered players should have received notification of their teams.
- Senior Men and Women: Registrations are still open but most teams are full. Please check with the Majura Registrar before registering if you are not allocated to a team.
Equipment Working Bee
Majura’s Equipment Working Bee has been postponed from this Sunday due to the forecast wet weather. The working bee will now be held on:
Saturday March 27 starting at 9am
@ Majura Clubhouse
If you can spare an hour please come along and help us make up training kits for over 100 Majura teams. RSVP to David at vicepresident (at) majurafc.org.au.
Majura AGM (Annual General Meeting) and Coaches & Managers Meetings
Majura will be holding it’s AGM on the same day as it’s Coaches & Managers meetings this year, Sunday 28 March at Majura Clubhouse. The schedule for the day is:
- U10 and U11: 12-1pm Coaches and Managers Meeting and Gear Handout
- Majura AGM: 1.15-1.45pm
- U12 – U18: 2-3pm: Coaches and Managers Meeting and Gear Handout
The U7, U8 and U9 Coaches and Managers Meeting will be held after school holidays on Sunday 18 April, 3.30 – 4.30pm.
Age Group Coordinators Needed Now
Can you spare a few hours this season and help your club and more importantly our players? A well coordinated age group means happy players, coaches and parents. The AGC is the main contact person for the age groups providing a conduit from teams through to the Majura committee. It’s not a hard job and it is rewarding. Majura needs age group coordinators for the following:
- U5/6 Pee Wees: Vacant
- U6/7 Open: Vacant
- U6/7 Girls: Vacant
- U8 Open: Jivan Sekhon
- U9 Open: Vacant
- U8/9 Girls: Vacant
- U10 Open: Rachael Harris
- U10 Girls: Vacant
- U11 Open: Suzy Sharwood
- U11 Girls: Nerys Jones
- U12 Open: Vacant
- U12 Girls: Marcus Hassall
- U13-14 Open: Vacant
- U14 Girls: Vacant
- U15-16 Open: Lyn de Klerk
- U16 Girls: Julieanne Palazzo
- U18 Girls & Open: Vacant
- Senior Women: Vacant
- Senior Men: Erin Owens