The Emerging program is a junior development program based on Skill Acquisition training for players aged 9-12 years that was established with the aim to provide a challenging, fun and competitive training and playing environment for our talented and committed young players. The program’s aim is to develop players’ technical skills, game understanding and most importantly for them to enjoy themselves while learning to train with a structured approach. The program runs for 36 weeks of the year and forms part of our performance player pathway.
Please click on this link to see the program information pack.
The Majura FC Skills Academy is a program which aims to develop the fundamental football skills of players of all abilities aged 9 to 12 years who are dedicated to their development and want to improve their skills. The MSA utilises a holistic approach to training and is consistent with the Majura FC mission of providing players with an environment where they can reach their full potential and most of all enjoy their football.
The MSA is run by our Technical Director Philippe Bernabo-Madrid. MSA sessions are conducted by coaches from our Majura FC Emerging teams and other qualified and passionate coaches, as well as current NPL players.
At MSA, we aim to improve players’ technical ability as well as their tactical understanding. Coaches will use different training methods that include high levels of repetition and challenge the players to understand different game scenarios, make the right decisions and execute actions appropriately.
Our ultimate goal is to provide an environment where players can express themselves, improve their skills and learn to play the game in an attacking and creative manner.
Players are expected to attend all sessions. Where a player is unable to attend, please communicate with our academy coordinator. Training sessions are held on Friday’s at Dickson Playing Fields from 5:00pm to 6:00pm. Players are expected to arrive 10 minutes prior.
In the event of wet weather, players are still expected to attend. Where the rain is too heavy, the call to cancel the session will be made by our Technical Director and will be communicated via our social media channels. If time permits, we will reschedule missed sessions.
All players will be expected to train with the respective age group unless otherwise approved by the Technical Director.
Fundamental Core Skills
Every session at MSA will aim to improve the players technical ability in the following fundamental core skills of football:
|Striking The Ball||
|Running With The Ball||
|1 v 1||
In addition to the technical core skills in attack and defence, players will be coached and assessed on the following parameters:
- Attitudinally – Player participates with enthusiasm, is respectful and demonstrates a team attitude. The player listens to the coaches attentively and is not a disruptive influence.
- Tactically – The player demonstrates the ability to solve problems and makes the right decision both when defending and attacking. The player is able to understand and apply coaches’ instructions.
- Physically – The player shows explosiveness, agility, balance and co-ordination.
To register for term 4 please click on this link.
If you require any additional information, please email academy (at) majurafc.org.au.
The program will be open to players in the following age groups who are current or prospective Majura FC players:
- Under 12 Boys and Girls (Born before 31/12/2010), turning 12 by 31/09/2022.
- Under 11 Boys and Girls (Born before 31/12/2011), turning 11 by 31/12/2022.
- Under 10 Boys and Girls (Born before 31/12/2012), turning 10 by 31/12/2022.
- Under 9 Boys and Girls (Born before 31/12/2013), turning 9 by 31/12/2022.
The Skills Academy is run on a term-by-term basis and is generally 10 weeks in duration.
- The cost of the program is $85
- Academy shirts will be available for purchase at $40 each
- The insurance fee for players not currently registered with Majura FC is $15, to be added on top of the program cost.
Term 4 Dates:
Friday 14th of October – Friday 9th of December