The Majura FC Skills Academy is a program which aims to develop the fundamental football skills of players aged 9 to 12 years who are dedicated to their development and want to improve their skills and play in the highest division possible. The MSA utilises a holistic approach to training and is consistent with the Majura FC mission of providing players with an environment where they can reach their full potential and most of all enjoy their football.
The MSA is run by our Technical Director Philippe Bernabo-Madrid. MSA sessions are conducted by coaches from our Majura FC Emerging teams and other qualified and passionate coaches, as well as current NPL players.
At MSA, we aim to improve players’ technical ability as well as their tactical understanding, physical capabilities, and mental approach to the game. Coaches will use different training methods that include high levels of repetition and challenge the players to understand different game scenarios, make the right decisions and execute actions appropriately.
Our ultimate goal is to provide an environment where players of all abilities can express themselves, improve their skills and learn to play the game in an attacking, creative and fearless manner, consistent with the Majura FC football Philosophy.
Players are expected to attend all sessions. Where a player is unable to attend, please communicate with our academy coordinator. Terms 1-3 comprise of ONE session per week (Monday nights) whilst term 4 will consist of TWO sessions per week (Wednesday and Friday nights). Training sessions are held at Dickson Playing Fields from 6:45pm to 7:45pm. Players are expected to arrive 10 minutes prior.
In the event of wet weather, players are still expected to attend. Where the rain is too heavy, the call to cancel the session will be made by our Technical Director and will be communicated via our social media channels. If time permits, we will reschedule missed sessions.
All players will be expected to train with the respective age group unless otherwise approved by the Technical Director.
Fundamental Core Skills
Every session at MSA will aim to improve the players technical ability in the following fundamental core skills of football:
|Striking The Ball||
|Running With The Ball||
|1 v 1||
In addition to the technical core skills in attack and defence, players will be coached and assessed on the following parameters:
- Attitudinally – Player participates with enthusiasm, is respectful and demonstrates a team attitude. The player listens to the coaches attentively and is not a disruptive influence.
- Tactically – The player demonstrates the ability to solve problems and makes the right decision both when defending and attacking. The player is able to understand and apply coaches’ instructions.
- Physically – The player shows explosiveness, agility, balance and co-ordination.
Registrations for term 2 are now open, you can find the registration JotForm in our website and social media channels. If you require any additional information, please email academy (at) majurafc.org.au.
The program will be open to players in the following age groups who are current or prospective Majura FC players:
- Under 12 Boys and Girls (Born before 31/12/2010), turning 12 by 31/09/2022.
- Under 11 Boys and Girls (Born before 31/12/2011), turning 11 by 31/12/2022.
- Under 10 Boys and Girls (Born before 31/12/2012), turning 10 by 31/12/2022.
- Under 9 Boys and Girls (Born before 31/12/2013), turning 9 by 31/12/2022.
The Skills Academy is run on a term-by-term basis and is generally 10 weeks in duration.
- The cost of the program in terms one, two and three is $120 (1 session per week), whilst the cost for term 4 is $160 as this term comprises of two sessions per week.
- All new registrations will incur a one-off $40 payment for an academy shirt which can be used for future programs. Current Academy participants do not need to purchase a new shirt.
- The insurance fee for players not currently registered with Majura FC is $15, to be added on top of the program cost.
Term 2 Dates:
Monday 2nd of May – Monday 27th of June