Majura FC Technical Director – Position Description
To plan and manage football programs and drive the technical development of players and coaches at Majura FC.
- Support the Majura FC committee to achieve it’s 5-year strategic football plan.
- Promoting and abiding by the club’s philosophy and vision statement.
- Continue to develop a technical plan which allows a tiered approach to development and caters for players
aspirations from social football through to NPL and representative level.
- Ensure all player development plans are in line with the FFA National Curriculum.
- Continue to develop and monitor coach training and style of play during games.
- Continue to develop a communications strategy that enables reporting, information sharing and feedback for
coaches, players, parents, and committee members.
- Maintain and improve accreditation required for the position as per FFA requirements.
- Ensure there is a guiding philosophy and vision statement which cater for all age groups and skill levels at Majura FC.
- Develop a technical plan which enables player and coach development at all levels consistent with the FFA curriculum.
- Promote a style of play that coaches and players implement.
- Inform club membership on the importance of technical and tactical skills in football.
- Drive the ongoing development of players and coaches who are currently or have been identified to compete in the Premier and Capital League competitions.
The Technical Director will report to the President of Majura FC.
- Must possess an FFA B Licence or ability to obtain a B Licence.
- Minimum of 5 years’ coaching experience and technical planning in youth football (boys and girls).
- Leadership skills including the ability to mentor and develop leaders.
- Must be highly organised and can effectively manage resources.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to convey technical planning to stakeholders.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Can work effectively with volunteer coaches, volunteer committee members and administration staff.
- Must possess WWVP clearance or ability to obtain.
- Able to work independently and flexible hours including weeknights and weekends.
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS AND SALARY
The Technical Director will initially be employed on a part-time basis. Weekly hours are required to be flexible dependant on the club’s activities but are expected to average approximately 15 hours per week. Salary will be
in accordance with the Sporting Organisations Award 2010.
Applications should include a short cover letter stating reasons for applying and your suitability for the position and a short (1-2 page) resume of relevant experience. Applications should be emailed to Kurt Petrunia, president (at) majurafc.org.au, by Monday 16 August 2021.